Saturday 28 March 2009

The Advantages of Being Ill

When you're ill, it's often not seen as having advantages. Recently however, whilst being wrapped up in my warm duvet for the better part of a week, I have had plenty of time to think and reflect, mainly down to the fact of actually being ill.

Ok, so I was there with a head that felt like it was going to explode, and a stomach that was churning slowly, and extremely painfully, but it allowed me to think clearer about things, which probably shouldn't be possible with such thumping headaches.

Now because of these thoughts, I have more direction in what it is I want to achieve, and I am thankful now for this time being given to me.

Ok, now you can make your man-flu jokes, even though I DID NOT suffer from the bug!!! *Yes, I swear!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing what the new direction is going to be ... Buying all your relations a drink? Taking them out for a meal? Sending them flowers? Posting KIND comments on their blogs instead of sarky ones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, I hope you enjoyed the coffee I brought you last Friday night, although you should've gone for the large glass of wine if I say so myself! ...

    ReplyDelete